UWF Logistics Team ranks 4th out of 16 at national competition
The University of West Florida Logistics Team recently placed fourth out of 16 teams from across North America at the Denver Transportation Club International Logistics Case Competition, also known as Operation Stimulus.
As part of the competition, the UWF team performed a detailed analysis of a comprehensive international supply chain logistics issue along with their conclusions and recommendations. The team consisted of the following UWF students:
- Michelle Bennett, senior, comprehensive economics
- Daniel Crabtree, senior, marketing sales management
- Eric Gunning, senior, marketing sales management
- Emily Speer, senior, marketing sales management
- Joseph Carp, senior, supply chain logistics
- Maritza Ochoa, senior, marketing sales management
UWF faced teams from some of the nation’s leading logistics programs, including Penn State University, University of Arkansas, Texas Tech University, Syracuse University and more. The only teams to finish ahead of UWF were Dalhousie University in Canada, Colorado State University and Michigan State University.
The UWF Logistics Team has placed in the top four at Operation Stimulus for six of the past seven years. For additional information about the supply chain logistics certificate program at UWF, visit uwf.edu/market/supplychain_