UWF College of Business Executive Mentor Program to host Women in Leadership conference
The University of West Florida College of Business Executive Mentor Program will host its annual Women in Leadership conference on Friday, March 4, 2016. It will be held from 11:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the UWF Conference Center and Auditorium, Building 22, on the Pensacola Campus.
“This exciting conference will help attendees leverage their unique strengths to thrive and succeed throughout their careers,” said Dr. Sherry Hartnett, Women in Leadership Conference chair and director of the UWF College of Business Executive Mentor Program.
The conference, annually themed “Designing Your Future,” is open to men, women, students and professionals. Attendees will have the opportunity to hear from and connect with prominent women leaders who have achieved both personal and professional success. Speakers for the 2016 conference include:
• Judith Bense – President, University of West Florida
• Debbie Calder – Executive Vice President, Navy Federal Credit Union: Greater Pensacola Operations
• Carol Carlan – President, Sacred Heart Foundation
• Christina Doss – Managing Director, Saltmarsh Financial Advisors
• Rachael Gillette – Director of Professional Development, Studer Community Institute
• Jennifer Grove – Community Development Manager, Gulf Power Company
• Sharon Heise – Associate Director, Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition
• Mary Mehta – Chief Medical Officer and Pediatric Cardiologist, Nemours Children’s Clinic
• Pamela Northrup – Chief Executive Officer, Innovation Institute; senior associate provost, University of West Florida
• Lisa Reese – President and Publisher, Pensacola News Journal
• Amie Remington – General Counsel, Landrum Human Resource Companies
“I hope participants will leave the conference feeling inspired by the incredible women presenting and empowered to develop greater leadership skills that foster their personal and professional growth,” said Hartnett.
Entering its third year, the conference features thought-provoking session presentations and panel discussions from recognized thought-leaders. Attendees will gain knowledge about emotional intelligence and its link to leadership effectiveness; learn how communication skills can be a pathway to career success; gain an understanding of some of the issues that women face in various career paths; and understand how important it is to align personal values with leadership behaviors.
Women in Leadership: Designing Your Future is free and open to the public. Registration is required and available, along with additional information, at uwf.edu/womeninleadership.