UWF president to chair Florida Board of Governors task force on facilities funding
PENSACOLA, Fla. – University of West Florida President Judith A. Bense was named chair of a Florida Board of Governors task force on facilities funding, announced today.
The task force follows a vote at the Board of Governors March 22 meeting to “fully address the crisis forming in infrastructure and facilities funding amid the State University System.” The task force will first meet April 30 and May 1 in Orlando, Fla.
Bense will serve alongside other appointees, including:
- Anthony Barbar, Vice Chair, Board of Trustees, Florida Atlantic University
- Linda Bacheler, Assistant Vice President and Controller, Florida Gulf Coast University
- Robert Bradley, Ph.D., Vice President for Planning and Programs, Florida State University
- Scott Cole, Vice President and General Counsel, University of Central Florida
- Thomas Donaudy, Vice President of Facilities and University Architect, Florida Atlantic University
- Matt Fajack, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, University of Florida
- John Long, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, University of South Florida
- Michael Long, Student at New College of Florida and currently the Student Member on the Florida Board of Governors
- Janet Owen, Vice President for Governmental Affairs, University of North Florida
- Larry Robinson, Ph.D., Provost, Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University
- Mark B. Rosenberg, Ph.D., President, Florida International University
The task force has a Nov. 7 deadline to report findings and recommendations that can be pursued, if any, in the 2013 Session of the Legislature.
Press Release from the Florida Board of Governors – PECO Task Force
Governor Budget Review April 2012_PECO 3-Year Project List with Notes