Healthier Argo Nation: Event Update: March 2021
The University of West Florida is closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic. New event guidelines are decided based on the current environment and guidance from our COVID-19 task force and the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention.
As of March 9, 2021, in-person events, activities and meetings on and off campus that include more than 10 people must follow the below guidelines.
Registration and Approval:
- Student organization events, activities and meetings with more than 10 people must be registered via ArgoPulse and approved by Student Involvement.
- University-sponsored events, activities and meetings with more than 10 people must be approved by the appropriate Dean and Provost or Vice President.
*Please note that event requests may not be immediately approved due to campus venues making modified accommodations.
- Indoor events, activities and meetings may not exceed 25 people or the COVID-19 venue capacity, whichever is fewer.
- Outdoor events, activities and meetings may not exceed 50 people.
Health and Safety Strategies:
- UWF Required Health and Safety Strategies must be followed and Recommended Health and Safety Strategies must be considered.
- Events with alcohol are prohibited.
- On-campus events, activities and meetings sponsored by non-University customers are not permitted unless approved by the President.
- If the University determines that an event or gathering does not comply with Event and Gatherings Guidelines, the University reserves the right to:
- Deny or rescind the event organizer’s permission to use the venue (even if the event has already started); and
- Restrict the event organizer from reserving campus space in the future.
- Repeat or blatant disregard for the Event and Gatherings Guidelines may result in adjudication through the conduct process.
For additional information and guidelines, visit the Event, Activity and Meeting Guidelines webpage.