ArgoAlert emergency communications test March 27
The University of West Florida will test ArgoAlert, the emergency notification system, on March 27. UWF tests ArgoAlert each semester. To ensure that critical information reaches the broadest audience, the ArgoAlert system includes multiple communications channels in the event of an emergency.
Emergency communication also includes:
- Text Messaging: ArgoAlert message from the UWF Emergency Operations Center to all enrolled users (enroll now)
- Speakers: Indoor and outdoor campus speaker system
- Website: Notice posted on the UWF home page
- Email: Broadcast message to all campus email addresses
- Social Media: Posts on UWF’s social media accounts, including Facebook and Twitter
Current UWF students, faculty and staff can subscribe online to the ArgoAlert text messaging system.
In the event of a crisis situation, UWF will communicate vital information as quickly and efficiently as possible to students, faculty and staff. For more information on the March 27 test of the UWF emergency systems, please contact the UWF Police Department at Ext. 2415.