Workshop, orientation dates set for Century Business Challenge
The University of West Florida Haas Center and the Florida SBDC at UWF have set dates for orientation and workshops for the upcoming Century Business Challenge.
The business challenge is a business plan competition in which the winning company will receive a prize package valued at more than $25,000. The Pensacola-based Studer Institute and the Haas Center are sponsoring the competition in partnership with the Florida SBDC at UWF, which is providing business planning software and conducting orientation and workshop sessions for participants.
“I am very excited about our involvement with the Century Business Challenge,” said Kelly Massey, regional director of the Florida SBDC at UWF. “Growth business consultant Carl Quesinberry is leading our team on this project. We have assisted competitors in many business plan competitions before.”
The following orientation and workshop sessions will be open to the public:
- 6 p.m. Tuesday, March 3: Orientation for those interested in competing in the Century Business Challenge will be held at the Century Community Center at 6001 A Industrial Blvd. in Century.
- 6 p.m Tuesday, March 17: A business concept workshop will be conducted in Room 7720 of the Pensacola State College Century Center at 440 E. Hecker Road.
The following workshops will be open only to business challenge participants:
- 6 p.m. Tuesday, April 7: A workshop on starting a business in Florida will be held in Room 7720 at the PSC Century Center.
- 6 p.m. Wednesday, April 8: A workshop on crafting a business plan will be held in Room 7720 at the PSC Century Center.
- 6 p.m. Thursday, April 9: A workshop on market research and financial projections will be conducted in Room 7720 at the PSC Century Center.
“The Florida SBDC and UWF are seeking to make our services more convenient and accessible for those in Century and the surrounding area,” Massey said. “We will provide three training sessions and mentoring services for the competitors at no cost. The Century Business Challenge is a win for everyone.”
Those interested in participating in the business challenge must apply by the end of March. Applications and more information about the business challenge can be found at its website, www.CenturyBusinessChallenge.
Prizes for the winner of the Century Business Challenge include space at the Century Business Center on Pond Street at a lease rate of $1 per year, with the possibility of an extension of that rate for two more years based on the company’s performance.
Pensacola philanthropists Quint and Rishy Studer will donate $25,000 in financial support to the winner of the competition.
The Century Business Challenge is part of an economic development partnership of the Haas Center, the Town of Century and the Studer Institute.
Those interested in attending orientation or the workshops are encouraged to RSVP by emailing Allison Tyler at email@example.com